Episode 261 features astrologers Kelly Surtees, Austin Coppock, and Chris Brennan giving an overview of the astrological forecast for July of 2020.
The astrology of July features Mars starting its long transit through Aries, Saturn moving back into Capricorn, a lunar eclipse in Capricorn, and Mercury squaring Mars most of the month.
We begin the episode by reviewing the astrology of the second quarter of the year, focusing on Saturn’s ingress into Aquarius where it began squaring Uranus, which should give us some preview of what Saturn’s return to Aquarius will look like in December and after.
Two of the main transits of July are Saturn retrograding back into Capricorn and Mars beginning its long six month journey through Aries, which in many ways brings us back to some of the same themes and energies that were present in the first quarter of the year.
Tensions are heightened in July though, as a side effect of the second half of the Mercury retrograde period is that Mercury will be squaring Mars pretty closely for most of the month.
At the same time we begin the month with the second of three Jupiter-Pluto conjunctions in Capricorn, as well as the final lunar eclipse taking place in Capricorn.
Below you will find links to news and announcements, the show notes, and then links to stream or download this episode of the podcast.
This episode is available in both audio and video versions below.
News, Announcements, and Sponsors
- Queer Astrology Conference, July 10-12, online
- Donate to BLM & related causes: https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/#donate
- Honeycomb Collective Personal Astrological Almanac
- Horoi ancient astrology text translation project
- We spend the first hour and a half reviewing the past few months.
- The forecast for July starts at 1:28:00
Planetary Alignments for July
- Mars just moved into Aries in late June
- Prelude to the squares and the retrogrades starting Aug – Sept
- Jupiter conjoined Pluto for second time on late day of June
- Mercury halfway through retrograde on late day of June
- Saturn retrogrades back into Capricorn on July 1
- Lunar eclipse in Capricorn July 5
- Really amplifying the Jupiter-Pluto-Saturn conjunction in Capricorn
- Culmination of solar eclipse in Capricorn way back in December
- Mercury squaring Mars all month
- Exact July 8
- Again July 27
- Mercury stations direct in Cancer July 12
- New Moon in Cancer July 20
- Closely opposing Saturn at 28 Capricorn
- Sun moves into Leo July 22
- Jupiter sextile Neptune July 27
Auspicious Astrological Date for July
Our featured electional chart for this month is a Sun in Leo election:
We also presented a few other elections for July on our private subscriber-only podcast on auspicious elections.
We also recently discounted our full year-ahead electional astrology report for 2020, which highlights some better charts later in the year.
Watch the Video Version of Our July Astrology Forecast
Here is the video version of our July astrology forecast episode:
Listen to the Audio Version of Our July Forecast
You can either play the audio version of this episode of the podcast directly from the website or download it as an MP3 to your device by using the buttons below: