In episode 70 astrologers Nick Dagan Best and Austin Coppock join the show to talk about Mars retrograde periods and their significance in astrology.
In particular was focus in on understanding the upcoming Mars retrograde period in Sagittarius and Scorpio that is set to begin in April of 2016.
Below you will find the show notes, followed by links to download or stream the recording:
Some of the topics we touched on during the course of the episode include:
- What does Mars signify?
- What does it mean when a planet or Mars in particular goes retrograde?
- Mars retrograde from an astronomical standpoint.
- How frequently does it occur?
- How long does it last?
- What are the important points during a retrograde cycle?
- Shadow periods.
- Retrograde cycles repeating in 15 year increments.
- How are retrograde cycles applied to natal charts in practice?
- What makes a chart more responsive to Mars retro than another?
- Things unique to this particular retrograde in Sagittarius/Scorpio.
- Stations RX April 17 at 8 Sagittarius, near the fixed star Antares.
- Opposition May 21/22 at 1/2 Sagittarius. Coincides with full Moon in Sag.
- Mercury also stations direct in Taurus then.
- May 27 Mars Rx ingress into Scorpio
- Stations direct at 23 Scorpio June 29.
- Past examples.
- Famous figures.
- Some tips for further study of Mars retro periods.
Listen to This Episode
You can either play this episode of the podcast directly from the website or download it as an MP3 to your computer by using the buttons below: