During the course of the show we cover topics such as the impending Mars retrograde in Sagittarius and Scorpio, an upcoming emphasis on mutable signs, and a recap of some of the highlights of the recent Mercury retrograde in Aquarius and Capricorn.
I also introduce some auspicious electional charts for different dates throughout the month, and talk about the rationale for the charts I selected.
Below you will find the show notes, followed by links to download or stream the recording of this episode.
2016 Astrology Calendars Now Available
Astrologer Kirk Kahn just released the PlanetWatcher Astrology Calendar for 2016.
This is the source of the cover art that we use for our forecast episodes, and it is a great way to look at the major planetary alignments and ingresses for the entire year at a glance.
Astrological Alignments for February
- February is the new January! Mercury direct in Capricorn + Venus in Capricorn, helps with straightening out any post Mercury Rx bloops or confusion.
- Some dignity with Venus in Cap/Mars in Scorpio.
- Month of sextiles (friendliness, support, connection, ease, even if a reality check or reminder).
- Biggest aspect Mars in Scorpio sextile Jupiter in Virgo, February 13–14.
- Sun sextile Saturn, February 3.
- Sun sextile Uranus, February 6.
- Venus sextile Mars Feb 6/7, Mercury sextile Saturn Feb 25/Uranus Feb 27.
- Mars into shadow from February 18, 23 Scorpio (Mars in late February connects to late May, June, July, early August).
- Mars in superior square to Sun, especially around the Aquarius New Moon February 8. Highlights the Mars themes, something about the ghosts of Christmas present/future?.
- Annual Sun conjunct Neptune aspect end of the month.
Auspicious Electional Charts for February
These elections are set for Denver, but you should be able to use the same times listed approximately after you have set them for your location, since they are set for local time. Just make sure that when you relocate the chart that it has the same rising sign and degree in your location as what is shown in the chart below.
- February 5 at 8:40 AM with 21 Pisces rising
- February 6 at 8:35 AM with 21 Pisces rising
- February 10 at 8:05 AM with 15 Pisces rising
- February 10 at 12:50 AM with 19 Scorpio rising
- February 23 at 12:55 PM with 7 Cancer rising
- February 25 at 1:00 PM with 9 Cancer rising
Listen to This Episode
You can either play this episode of the podcast directly from the website or download it as an MP3 to your computer by using the buttons below: