In this episode Kelly Surtees and Austin Coppock join the show once again to talk about the major astrological aspects for the month of October 2015, as well as some of the most auspicious electional dates I could find that month.
During the course of the episode we cover Jupiter trine Pluto, Mars opposite Neptune, the pileup of planets in Virgo, Mercury stationing direct in Libra, Venus finishing up its post-retrograde shadow period, and more.
This episode was recorded in front of a live audience via out monthly webinar format, and the recording is available as either an audio only download or a video below. This was our first time using this format to record one of the monthly forecast episodes, so this was kind of an experiment and a learning process, although I think that it has a lot of potential for the future.
The audio only podcast episode version has been edited, and some work was done to improve the quality of the audio due to some issues we had during the live recording. The video is basically just the raw recording of the webinar, and it contains video from our webcams as well as some charts when we would share them on the screen, but the audio quality is a bit sketchy at different points in the show.
As always, the cover art for this episode is taken from the PlanetWatcher 2015 Astrological Calendar, which produced by astrologer Kirk Kahn.
Below you will find an outline of some of the different topics that we touched on during the course of the show, followed by links to download or stream the recording.
- Austin’s online class on the decans starts Wednesday night, and his class on planetary dignity starts Saturday.
- Kelly’s Saturn in Sagittarius e-book is now out.
- Chris is finishing a new lecture on Annual Profections for his online course on Hellenistic astrology.
- Kepler College is getting ready to re-open its astrological library in Seattle, thanks to the work of Jenn Zahrt, Wonder Bright, Shannon Garcia. The library will be called the Maggie A. Nalbandian Memorial Library, in honor of the founder of Kepler College who passed away in June.
- There is a new astrology-themed movie titled Changing of the Gods that recently launched a KickStarter campaign in order to fund the production and distribution of the film. The movie is based on the work of Richard Tarnas, uses the recent/current Uranus-Pluto square as a focal point, and will be narrated by John Cleese. As of the recording of this episode of the podcast they are about halfway to their goal of raising $100,000 via Kickstarter. They are shooting for a 2017 release date.
- We are kicking around the idea of maybe putting on a conference sometime early next summer. We are trying to gauge how much interest there would be in contributors to the podcast putting on a conference, and if enough people would attend to make it successful. So, if you would be interested in attending something like that then please let us know.
- Major aspects for the month:
- Jupiter trine Pluto, October 11 – 12, 13 Virgo/Capricorn
- Mars trine Pluto, October 16 – 17, 13 Virgo/Capricorn
- Mars conjunct Jupiter, October 17 – 18, 14 Virgo
- Triggers longer trends/themes to do with Pluto in Capricorn + Jupiter in Virgo. Keyword: productivity
- It’s a very Virgo October. Venus, Mars, Jupiter visible in the early morning sky for much of the month.
- 2 superior planets + Venus who has been trying to get to Virgo for a while!
- Also, many aspects across earth signs this month + Taurus Full Moon 4 Taurus October 27, close to Moon’s exaltation degree.
- Venus rules Libra New Moon + Taurus Full Moon
- Plus usual October aspects with Sun + Mercury in Libra square Pluto/opposite Uranus (Sun – Oct 6, 11, then Mercury Oct 22, 25)
- Mars then Venus opposite Neptune 7 Pisces, Oct 6 + 16 (Sun trine Neptune October 30)
- Venus square Saturn October 9 around 1 Virgo/Sagittarius
- Mercury stations direct at 0 Libra around October 9/Venus out of shadow October 10.
- People Magazine called this the summer of splits. Interesting Venus retro anecdote.
- Immigration Crisis timing: Jupiter Opp Neptune, Saturn Square Neptune, Node soon to be copresent with Neptune.
- Results of the destabilizing effects of the Uranus-Pluto square over the past several years.
Auspicious Electional Dates for October
- October 4 around 9:00 AM, with early Scorpio rising. Mars ruling the Ascendant, located in the 11th house and applying to a conjunction with Jupiter. It does have to pass through an opposition with Neptune first though, which is a bit problematic. Moon in Cancer in the 9th, applying to square Sun and sextile Jupiter.
- October 4 at 7:04 AM with 11 Libra rising. Venus ruling the Ascendant, placed in Leo in the 11th, exchanging signs with the Sun in Libra in the 1st. Moon in Cancer in the 10th, applying to a square with the Sun and sextile with Jupiter. Note that Venus is applying to an out of sign square with Saturn, which isn’t great, although may be acceptable since it is a day chart.
- October 6, 7, and 8, also around 9:00 AM with Scorpio rising.
- October 6 2015 is the same as the 4th, except with the Moon now in Leo in the 10th, applying to sextile with the Sun.
- October 7 2015 same as the 6th except now with the Moon applying to wide conjunction with Venus.
- October 8 2015 is the same as the 7th, except this is the first day the Mars is separating from the opposition with Neptune, which is very good.
- October 14 around 9:00 AM, with 12° Scorpio rising. Mars ruling the Ascendant, now enclosed by Venus and Jupiter on each side. Moon in Scorpio in the 1st, applying to sextile with Mars, with reception. Mercury direct now as well.
- October 21 around 3:00 PM, with 12° Aquarius rising. Saturn ruling the Ascendant, placed in the 11th whole sign house, conjunct the degree of the MC. Moon in Aquarius in the 1st, applying to trine Mercury. Venus, Jupiter, and Mars all in Virgo, overcoming Saturn through a superior sign-based square. Normally the square from Mars in a day chart would be a deal-breaker, although it may be offset here by Venus and Jupiter.
- October 27 around 3:00 PM. Same as October 21, except with the Moon now exalted in Taurus in the 4th, applying to a trine with Jupiter.
Unedited Video Version of the Episode
The unedited video version of the October forecast episode:
Edited Audio Version of the Episode
You can either play the audio version of this episode of the podcast directly from the website or download it as an MP3 to your computer by using the buttons below: